Easy Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
Related: The Best Gluten-Free Biscuits
The older I get, the more I'm turning into my mother. That's a good thing, especially since I'm starting to enjoy baking and she's a damn good baker. I haven't been able to enjoy many treats lately due to a semi-detox and being gluten-free, but I wanted to make some muffins and created this easy gluten-free blueberry muffin recipe.
If I can make these, anyone can. And yes they are delicious.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 3/4 turbinado sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners, or spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a separate bowl; stir together egg, 1/3 cup oil, and 1/3 cup almond milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine gluten-free flour, sugar substitute, salt and baking powder.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Fold in blueberries
- Using an ice cream scoop, or large spoon, scoop the batter into each prepared muffin tin.
- Bake at 375 degrees F in a preheated oven for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Makes 6 muffins.
These can be made vegan by substituting the egg with an egg replacement.